The Who – Rarities Volume I & II (1983)
To listen to a song, click the "Play" button.
- play_circle_outlineBucket T
- play_circle_outlineBarbara Ann
- play_circle_outlineIn the City
- play_circle_outlineI've Been Away
- play_circle_outlineDoctor, Doctor
- play_circle_outlineThe Last Time
- play_circle_outlineUnder My Thumb
- play_circle_outlineSomeone's Coming
- play_circle_outlineMary Anne with the Shaky Hand
- play_circle_outlineCall Me Lightning
- play_circle_outlineDr.Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
- play_circle_outlineJoin Together
- play_circle_outlineDon't Know Myself
- play_circle_outlineHeaven And Hell
- play_circle_outlineWhen I Was A Boy
- play_circle_outlineLet's See Action
- play_circle_outlineHere For More
- play_circle_outlineBaby Don't You Do It
Rarities Volume I & Volume II is a two-album series collecting songs by The Who, released in 1983 on Polydor in the United Kingdom. The very first release in this series was a single LP titled Join Together – Rarities issued by Polydor in Australia and New Zealand in 1982. It had the same contents as the later released Rarities Volume II with the exception of a shorter version of “I Don’t Even Know Myself”. The short version of this song fades out about twenty seconds early instead of having a full ending.
In the early 1980s, after the announcement of the Who’s Last Tour, Polydor UK expanded on the original concept by compiling two albums of hard to find tracks, mostly obscure B-sides, on Rarities Volume I and Volume II. These albums were originally released on two separate LPs and then re-released on a single CD. Some copies of the CD version were defective and were replaced by the manufacturer. Defective copies may still be in circulation.
Some versions of this release mistakenly use the stereo album version of “Mary Anne with the Shaky Hand”rather than the much rarer mono US b-side version. The b-side is actually a completely different recording of the same song.