The Smiths – The Queen Is Dead (1986)
To listen to a song, click the "Play" button.
- play_circle_outlineThe Queen Is Dead
- play_circle_outlineFrankly, Mr. Shankly
- play_circle_outlineI Know It's Over
- play_circle_outlineNever Had No One Ever
- play_circle_outlineCemetry Gates
- play_circle_outlineBigmouth Strikes Again
- play_circle_outlineThe Boy With The Thorn In His Side
- play_circle_outlineVicar in a Tutu
- play_circle_outlineThere Is a Light That Never Goes Out
- play_circle_outlineSome Girls Are Bigger Than Others
The Queen Is Dead is the third studio album by English rock band the Smiths. It was released on 16 June 1986 in the United Kingdom by Rough Trade Records and released in the United States on 23 June 1986 through Sire Records.
The album spent twenty-two weeks on the UK Albums Chart, peaking at No. 2. It also reached No. 70 on the US Billboard 200 chart, and was certified Gold by the RIAA in late 1990. It has sold consistently well ever since and has received unanimous critical acclaim, with NME listing it as the greatest album of all time in 2013.
The Smiths were an English rock band formed in Manchester in 1982. The band consisted of vocalist Morrissey, guitarist Johnny Marr, bassist Andy Rourke and drummer Mike Joyce. Critics have called them one of the most important bands to emerge from more...