Apocalyptica – Plays Metallica by Four Cellos (1996)
To listen to a song, click the "Play" button.
- play_circle_outlineEnter Sandman
- play_circle_outlineMaster of Puppets
- play_circle_outlineHarvester of Sorrow
- play_circle_outlineThe Unforgiven
- play_circle_outlineSad But True
- play_circle_outlineCreeping Death
- play_circle_outlineWherever I May Roam
- play_circle_outlineWelcome Home (Sanitarium)
Plays Metallica by Four Cellos is the debut album by Finnish metal band Apocalyptica, released in 1996. It features eight instrumental Metallica covers arranged and played on cellos.
The band was invited to record this album by a label employee after a 1995 show in which they performed some of the songs. The members were initially unsure and thought nobody would listen to such a record, but the employee insisted and they recorded it. On 22 Jul 2016, a remastered version of the album was released with new bonus tracks.
Apocalyptica is a Finnish cello metal band from Helsinki, Finland, formed in 1993. The band is composed of classically trained cellists Eicca Toppinen, Paavo Lötjönen, and Perttu Kivilaakso (all three of whom are graduates of the Sibelius Academy more...