Pearl Jam – Lost Dogs (2003)
To listen to a song, click the "Play" button.
- play_circle_outlineAll Night
- play_circle_outlineDon't Gimme No Lip
- play_circle_outlineIn The Moonlight
- play_circle_outlineBlack, Red, Yellow
- play_circle_outlineLeavin' Here
- play_circle_outlineGremmie Out Of Control
- play_circle_outlineWhale Song
- play_circle_outlineHold On
- play_circle_outlineYellow Ledbetter
- play_circle_outlineOther Side
- play_circle_outlineHard To Imagine
- play_circle_outlineDead Man
- play_circle_outlineStrangest Tribe
- play_circle_outlineLet Me Sleep
- play_circle_outlineLast Kiss
- play_circle_outlineSweet Lew
- play_circle_outlineDirty Frank
- play_circle_outlineBee Girl
Lost Dogs is a two-disc compilation album by the American alternative rock band Pearl Jam, released on November 11, 2003 through Epic Records. The album has been certified gold by the RIAA in the United States.
Lost Dogs is a double-disc collection of B-sides and other released and unreleased rarities. Lost Dogs sold 89,500 copies in its first week of release and debuted at number fifteen on the Billboard 200 chart. Lost Dogs has been certified gold by the RIAA.
A number of songs included on Lost Dogs differ from the originally released versions, including “Alone,””U,””Wash”and “Dirty Frank.”The album includes the hidden track “4/20/02″at the end of disc two, a tribute to Alice in Chains frontman Layne Staley. It was written by vocalist Eddie Vedder during the recording sessions for Riot Act on the day that he heard the news of Staley’s death. The song features only Vedder singing and playing the guitar in a ukulele-inspired tuning. According to Vedder, the reason why it was not included on Riot Act was that the band already had too many songs. According to guitarist Mike McCready, the reason the song was only featured as a hidden track on Lost Dogs is because Vedder “wouldn’t want it to be exploitative.”
“Angel”(from the 1993 fan club Christmas single) was supposed to appear on disc two, but was deleted before release. There is still mention of it on the “Lost Dogs“flyers on the back cover. Besides “Angel”, some notable omissions from the album include various songs only available on other fan club Christmas singles by the band, “I Got Id”and “Long Road”from the Merkin Ball EP, and “Leatherman”from the “Given to Fly”single.
The song “Bee Girl”is a tribute to Heather DeLoach, who appeared in a bee costume in the music video for “No Rain”by Blind Melon.
Pearl Jam is an American rock band formed in Seattle, Washington, in 1990. Since its inception, the band's line-up has consisted of Eddie Vedder (lead vocals), Mike McCready (lead guitar), Stone Gossard (rhythm guitar) and Jeff Ament (bass). The more...