Genesis – The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway (1974)
To listen to a song, click the "Play" button.
- play_circle_outlineThe Lamb Lies Down On Broadway - 2008 Remaster
- play_circle_outlineFly On A Windshield (New Stereo Mix)
- play_circle_outlineBroadway Melody Of 1974 (New Stereo Mix)
- play_circle_outlineCuckoo Cocoon (New Stereo Mix)
- play_circle_outlineIn The Cage (New Stereo Mix)
- play_circle_outlineThe Grand Parade Of Lifeless Packaging (2008 Digital Remaster)
- play_circle_outlineBack In N.Y.C. (New Stereo Mix)
- play_circle_outlineHairless Heart (New Stereo Mix)
- play_circle_outlineCounting Out Time (New Stereo Mix)
- play_circle_outlineCarpet Crawlers (New Stereo Mix)
- play_circle_outlineThe Chamber Of 32 Doors (2008 Digital Remaster)
- play_circle_outlineLilywhite Lilith (New Stereo Mix)
- play_circle_outlineThe Waiting Room (New Stereo Mix)
- play_circle_outlineAnyway (New Stereo Mix)
- play_circle_outlineHere Comes the Supernatural Anaesthetist
- play_circle_outlineThe Lamia (New Stereo Mix)
- play_circle_outlineSilent Sorrow In Empty Boats (New Stereo Mix)
- play_circle_outlineThe Colony Of Slippermen (The Arrival / A Visit To The Doktor / Raven)
- play_circle_outlineRavine (New Stereo Mix)
- play_circle_outlineThe Light Dies Down On Broadway (New Stereo Mix)
- play_circle_outlineRiding The Scree (New Stereo Mix)
- play_circle_outlineIn The Rapids (New Stereo Mix)
- play_circle_outlineIt (New Stereo Mix)
The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway is the sixth studio album by the English rock band Genesis, released as a double album on 18 November 1974 by Charisma Records. It is their last album recorded with Peter Gabriel as their lead singer before his departure from the group in 1975. A concept album, it centres around a journey of self-discovery of Rael, a Puerto Rican youth living in New York City and the bizarre incidents and characters he meets along the way. During the writing and recording sessions, Gabriel temporarily left the band to work with William Friedkin which, along with his insistence to write all the lyrics, put strains on the rest of the band.
The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway was released to initial mixed critical reception, though it has since received critical acclaim. It peaked at No. 10 on the UK Album Chart and No. 41 on the US Billboard 200. Two singles were released in the UK, “Counting Out Time” and “The Carpet Crawlers” while the title track was released as a single in the US. Genesis supported the album with their 1974–1975 tour across North America and Europe, playing the album in its entirety across 102 dates. The album continued to sell, and reached Gold certification by the Recording Industry Association of America in 1990 for shipment of 500,000 copies.
Genesis were an English rock band formed at Charterhouse School, Godalming, Surrey in 1967. The most commercially successful and longest-lasting line-up consisted of keyboardist Tony Banks, bassist/guitarist Mike Rutherford and drummer/singer Phil more...