Supertramp – …famous Last Words… (1982)
…Famous Last Words… is the seventh album by English rock band Supertramp and was released in October 1982. It was the studio follow-up to 1979’s Breakfast in America and the last album with vocalist/keyboardist/guitarist Roger Hodgson, who left the group to pursue a solo career. Thus, it was the final album to be released by the classic lineup of the band (Hodgson/Davies/Helliwell/Thomson/Siebenberg).
The album reached number 5 on the Billboard Pop Albums Charts in 1982 and was certified Gold for sales in excess of 500,000 copies there. It also peaked at number 6 in the UK where it was certified Gold for 100,000 copies sold.
A remastered CD version of …Famous Last Words… was released on 30 July 2002 on A&M Records. The remastered CD comes with all of the original artwork and the CD art features a green pair of scissors and a black background.
Allmusic, in a retrospective review, found the album overly tailored towards commercial success, claiming that the group in general and Roger Hodgson in particular were too fixated on producing more hits, and that as a result “romantically inclined poetry and love song fluff replaces the lyrical keenness that Supertramp had produced in the past, and the instrumental proficiency that they once mastered has vanished.”
1. “Crazy” Roger Hodgson Roger Hodgson 4:44
2. “Put On Your Old Brown Shoes” Rick Davies Rick Davies 4:22
3. “It’s Raining Again” Hodgson Hodgson 4:24
4. “Bonnie” Davies Davies 5:37
5. “Know Who You Are” Hodgson Hodgson 4:59
6. “My Kind of Lady” Davies Davies 5:15
7. “C’est le bon” Hodgson Hodgson 5:32
8. “Waiting So Long” Davies Davies 6:35
9. “Don’t Leave Me Now” Hodgson Hodgson 6:24