Supertramp – Breakfast In America (1979)
To listen to a song, click the "Play" button.
- play_circle_outlineGone Hollywood
- play_circle_outlineThe Logical Song
- play_circle_outlineGoodbye Stranger
- play_circle_outlineBreakfast in America
- play_circle_outlineOh Darling
- play_circle_outlineTake the Long Way Home
- play_circle_outlineLord Is It Mine
- play_circle_outlineJust Another Nervous Wreck
- play_circle_outlineCasual Conversations
- play_circle_outlineChild of Vision
Breakfast In America is the sixth studio album by the English rock band Supertramp, released by A&M Records on 29 March 1979. It was recorded in 1978 at The Village Recorder in Los Angeles. It spawned four U.S. Billboard hit singles: “The Logical Song” (No. 6), “Goodbye Stranger” (No. 15), “Take the Long Way Home” (No. 10) and “Breakfast In America” (No. 62). In the UK, “The Logical Song” and the title track were both top 10 hits, the only two the group had in their native country.
Breakfast In America won two Grammy Awards in 1980, and holds an RIAA certification of quadruple platinum. It became Supertramp’s biggest-selling album, with more than 4 million copies sold in the US alone, and was No. 1 on Billboard Pop Albums Chart for six weeks in the spring and summer of 1979. The album also hit No. 1 in Norway, Austria, Canada, Australia and France; in France it is one of the five biggest-selling albums of all time.
Supertramp (known as Daddy in 1969–1970) are an English rock band formed in London in 1969. Though their music was initially categorised as progressive rock, they later incorporated a combination of traditional rock, pop and art rock into their more...