Muse – The Resistance (2009)
To listen to a song, click the "Play" button.
- play_circle_outlineUndisclosed Desires
- play_circle_outlineUnited States Of Eurasia (+Collateral Damage)
- play_circle_outlineGuiding Light
- play_circle_outlineUnnatural Selection
- play_circle_outlineMK Ultra
- play_circle_outlineI Belong To You (+Mon Cœur S'ouvre A Ta Voix)
- play_circle_outlineExogenesis: Symphony Part 1 (Overture)
- play_circle_outlineExogenesis: Symphony Part 2 (Cross-Pollination)
- play_circle_outlineExogenesis: Symphony Part 3 (Redemption)
The Resistance is the fifth studio album by English rock band Muse, released in Europe on 14 September 2009, and in North America on 15 September 2009. Upon its release, it topped the album charts in 19 countries. It also debuted at number three on the Billboard 200 chart, selling 128,000 copies during the first week. It also surpassed its predecessor, Black Holes and Revelations, in album sales in its debut week in the UK, selling approximately 148,000 copies, as well as worldwide, with 479,000 copies sold. Critics were mostly complimentary about the album, with much of the praise directed towards its ambition and classical music influences.
The album was produced by the band and mixed by Mark Stent. The album’s first single, “Uprising”, was released on 4 August 2009, with the album’s second single, “Undisclosed Desires”released on 16 November 2009. “Resistance”was released as the third single from the album on 22 February 2010, and although it failed to match the success of its predecessors, the single reached number one in the UK Rock Chart and became the second Top 40 hit from the album in the UK Singles Chart. “Exogenesis: Symphony”was released as a limited edition EP in the United States on 17 April 2010. Muse promoted the album by performing the songs in a number of live appearances, including their promotional tour The Resistance Tour. The album yielded the band their first Grammy Award in 2011 for Best Rock Album.
Muse are an English rock band from Teignmouth, Devon, formed in 1994. The band consists of Matt Bellamy (lead vocals, guitar, piano, keyboards), Chris Wolstenholme (bass guitar, backing vocals, keyboards) and Dominic Howard (drums, more...