Asia – Alpha (1983)
To listen to a song, click the "Play" button.
- play_circle_outlineDon't Cry
- play_circle_outlineThe Smile Has Left Your Eyes
- play_circle_outlineNever In A Million Years
- play_circle_outlineMy Own Time (I'll Do What I Want)
- play_circle_outlineThe Heat Goes On
- play_circle_outlineEye to Eye
- play_circle_outlineThe Last To Know
- play_circle_outlineTrue Colors
- play_circle_outlineMidnight Sun
- play_circle_outlineOpen Your Eyes
Alpha is the second studio album by British rock band Asia, released on 26 July 1983 in the United States and on 12 August 1983 in the United Kingdom by Geffen Records. Recorded at Le Studio in Morin-Heights, Quebec, and Manta Sound in Toronto from February to May 1983, the album was produced, like its multi-platinum predecessor, by Mike Stone. Prior to Phoenix (2008), released after the quartet reunited in 2006, Alpha remained the last recording with the original line-up, as guitarist Steve Howe left in 1984.
The cover artwork was designed by Roger Dean, known for his work with Yes, which Howe and keyboard player Geoff Downes had previously been members of.
Alpha has been re-issued numerous times, especially in Japan. Platinum SHM-CD with a DSD flat transfer from original master tapes was released by Universal Music in 2014 and included “Daylight” and “Lying to Yourself” as bonus tracks. In 2017, the album was released on Audio Fidelity hybrid SACD remastered by Kevin Gray.
Asia are an English progressive rock band formed in London in 1981. The most commercially successful line-up was its original, which was a supergroup of four members of different progressive rock bands of the 1970s, including lead vocalist and more...